Tuesday, March 25, 2008

A Time to Choose

It has been couple of days since the last time I wrote. There were many days at nite, when I wanted to write, but I didn't have enough time. Now, I will spend my one hour lunch time.

Yesterday, I was thinking about quotes. There are many quotes from various famous people. I'm sure almost everyone has his/her own favorite quotes. I believe, I have one or more too.

It had happened before, when I think, I finally understood about the quote.

Maybe you are confused of the meaning of the above line. Don't worry. I will explain.

I read a quote, I liked it, I remembered it. I began to say about it. I quoted the quote in my write, or I told to other in my speech. I advised people using it (the quote). Almost everybody understood, agreed, and believed, because it was really a good quote.

Then there were times, when it happened to me. I was in the situation which is as it is describe in the quote, or very close. Or I can say, when the quote is best applied to me or my situation. Can't you understand? (hosh... hosh..).

Ok. Whether you understand or not, I should continue my story. When that happened to me, and I thought about the quote, or someone reminded me to that, that time I finally understood.

For example (for understanding sake), These are common sentences: "We live what we choose.", "It's not what you say, it's what you do.", finally "Life you want is the life you have to make." These 3 sentences I quoted from a song lyric. But I'm sure it's acceptable, understandable, agreeable for most of people.

It's been since a long time I was thinking about my life, how I live it. Several days ago, a friend of mine gave me this song lyric. First, I heard the song. Ordinary, reminded me to the other song. It has a same rhythm. Then I went to the lyric. At the last part, I read those sentences. Perfect! I began to sing along, and then repeated it several times. I thought, I always say to others, that people must work in their field, and what they like. In that way, we can enjoy our work, that is our life. Then I would tell them, "Look at me, I like computer. I studied in the college majoring in IT. Then I work in a company which need my ability in that field. Since I like computer, of course I really enjoy my work."

You want to know what is the real? The real world is, I prefer designing than programming. Oh yeah, I can say this after I tried both. Of course there is still relation from designing to computer. Because nowadays, a designer can use computer to help their work. I already felt the joy of designing for my work, and I already felt the stress coding for my program. But the situation was not always like that.

I rarely sharing with friends asking suggestions. Usually I would go to my brother or sisters. Therefore, no one knew and advised me. I need to thanks to someone, God! Thanks to God for I can advise myself from what other people had learned.

The next day, I told my boss, I wouldn't stay forever in programming. I will as fast as I can change my direction. I said: "I just think I need to tell you this. I tell you so you will know what I really want and enjoy. Don't worry, I will finish my duty first." I told him what I really want. By telling him, I made a move, one step closer to what I wanted. Because if I had never told and spoken, I would never do. If I had never done, then I would never feel the joy of my work, my life.

All because I live what I choose. And this is not what I said, but what I do. I'm making the life I wanted to.

Oops, it's 1.18 PM. I gotta back to my work. (excuses oh... excuses)

2 comments: